Nylon coatings provide multi-functional protection that is thermally stable, mechanically tough, anti-corrosive and chemically resistant.
- Service temperatures range from -60°C to 150°C. Can be autoclaved in medical applications
- Good chemical and corrosion resistance: see links below for specific resistance information
- Impact resistant: Charpy notched impact strength tests demonstrate excellent resistance at low and room temperatures
- High abrasion resistance – very smooth surface finish
- Mechanically tough: high burst strength over a range of temperatures
- Flexibility: from 1,00 MPa for non-plasticized grades to 150 MPa for plasticized grades; specific fillers can increase flexibility up to 8,000MPa
- Machinability: can be shaved or machined
- High creep and wear resistance
- FDA approved
- Wide range of colors available
With nylon coatings, gloss levels usually depend upon the coating selected, and typically range from 30 to 70 gloss.